Sunday 11 September 2011

Metamorphosis extended research...

After more research into metamorphosis I really found the body structure of insects and animals inspiring and plan to develop them more.


With this image I liked how it captured the wings of the ladybird and found the shape could be transferred to a design for a garment. E.g. the ladybirds outer-shell in this shape could make high-rised shoulder detail or hip detail. 


This image I concentrated on the detail to the beetles body detail and found the pattern made could be made into panels on one of my designs.


This fish drew my attention to its spiky form which lead me to inspire to make a spikes on my garment for detail.


The detail on this fish could make pleat detail on a garment; which could then be explored more to make a more origami- looking style.


This photo once again gave me inspiration due to the wings, the view of the wings in this photo could be made into pleat detail and panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment